The Oils and Plants Aromatherapy Glossary gives definitions of Aromatherapy and Herbal Terms.
Here are the results for the letter c
- Calcium in the urine
- Any of a group of organic compounds that includes sugars, starches, celluloses, and gums and serves as a major energy source in the diet of humans and animals. These compounds are produced by photosynthetic plants and contain only carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, usually in the ratio 1:2:1.
- Cancer causing
- A cancer. An invasive malignant tumor derived from epithelial tissue that tends to metastasize to other areas of the body.
- 1. Having origin in the heart.
2. Resulting from a disease or disorder of the heart.
- Of, relating to, or involving both the heart and the lungs.
- Of, relating to, or involving the heart and the blood vessels: veins and arteries as in cardiovascular disease.
Inducing the expulsion of gas from the stomach and intestines.
A drug or agent that induces the expulsion of gas from the stomach or intestines.
- The metabolic breakdown of complex molecules into simpler ones, often resulting in a release of energy.
- Pathology Opacity of the lens or capsule of the eye, causing impairment of vision or blindness.
- Stimulating and clearing the mind.
- Green coloring matter of plants.
- Increases production and flow of bile
- Aids excretion of bile by the liver, so that there is a greater flow of bile.
- An essential oil which helps to heal scar tissue
- Helps formation of scar tissue.
- A hair.
- Extracts obtained with non-aqueous solvents from fresh, natural raw materials. A concrete consists mainly of waxy components of plant materials. Mainly prepared for the production of absolutes.
- Blended together
- A stimulant and tonic for the heart.
You can either type in the word you are looking for in the box below or browse by letter. We are constantly updating the glossary, so if you cannot find a definition, please email us and we will add it for you.
Browser by letter
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z