The Oils and Plants Aromatherapy Glossary gives definitions of Aromatherapy and Herbal Terms.
Here are the results for the letter r
- The process in which an essential oil is distilled a second time to remove unwanted constituents (also known as redistillation).
1. Cooling or freezing; refrigerating.
2. Medicine Reducing fever.
1. A substance, such as air, ammonia, water, or carbon dioxide, used to provide cooling either as the working substance of a refrigerator or by direct absorption of heat.
2. Medicine An agent used to reduce fever.
- Soothing, causing relaxation, relieving strain or tension.
- An extract obtained from dried, natural, raw materials by use of non-aqueous solvents.
- Dissolves boils and swelling
a. The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing. Also called ventilation.
b. The act or process by which an organism without lungs, such as a fish or plant, exchanges gases with its environment.
a. The oxidative process occurring within living cells by which the chemical energy of organic molecules is released in a series of metabolic steps involving the consumption of oxygen and the liberation of carbon dioxide and water.
b. Any of various analogous metabolic processes by which certain organisms, such as fungi and anaerobic bacteria, obtain energy from organic molecules.
- Of, relating to, used in, or affecting respiration
- Restoring and reviving health
- A horizontal, usually underground stem that often sends out roots and shoots from its nodes. Also called rootstalk, rootstock.
- Warming and increasing blood flow.
You can either type in the word you are looking for in the box below or browse by letter. We are constantly updating the glossary, so if you cannot find a definition, please email us and we will add it for you.
Browser by letter
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z