ESSENTIAL OIL FINDER|
The Oils and Plants Oil Finder Database, helps you quickly find which Essential Oils to use for which ailment. Type in the name of an Essential Oil or an Ailment to find the definition. You will find fuller explanations on our Ailments and Essential Oil pages.
Please note that this is only a guide to help you identify which oils are good for which ailments and vice versa. Once you have found the oil that suits your needs, please read the whole article for that oil to find out any contraindications and if it is the right oil for you.
Here are the results for the letter h
- HAEMORRHOIDS (Piles)
- Several essential oils can be used for local treatment and to
improve the circulation generally. Cypress, Juniper and Frankincense can be used in local applications (suitably diluted) and in baths on a regular basis. Garlic perles and plenty of fresh garlic and onions in the diet will also improve circulation.
- These are the essential oils which will help return the body to its pre-alcoholic state:
THE MORNING-AFTER ESSENTIAL OILS
Juniper, Sandalwood, Grapefruit, Lavender, Carrot, Fennel, Rosemary, Lemon
You can make your own blends from this list, using a total of 6-8 drops in a bath or 4 drops in an inhalation.
- HAY FEVER
- Various essential oils seem to help with the symptoms, some people finding one more helpful, and some others, just as different sufferers react to various types of pollen in the first place. Any of the oils which relieve the symptoms of the common cold, especially Lavender and Eucalyptus in inhalations, may help to reduce the sneezing and runny nose, but your first line of attack should usually be the oils which are helpful in treating allergies in general. Camomile and Melissa. Of the two Camomile seems to be effective more often than Melissa, but this is unfortunately a situation in which trial and error seems to be the only way to find out what is most helpful for the person concerned. Also, it sometimes seems that one oil will lose its effectiveness quite soon, and as treatment may be needed throughout the pollen season, you will need to alternate two or more oils to provide some effective relief.
- HAZARDOUS OILS
See our Hazardous Oils Page for indepth information.
- There are many essential oils which can be used to relieve headaches far more safely than the ubiquitous aspirin. Out of the great range of analgesic oils, those which seem to be most effective are Lavender and Peppermint, either separately or in combination. Rosemary is another oil which clears the head and relieves pain, especially if the headache follows a period of mental effort.
See our Headaches Page for indepth information.
- HYPERTENSION (High Blood Pressure)
- It is essential to direct the aromatherapy treatment at a long-term change in the attitude of the sufferer towards his or her lifestyle and goals, rather than the mere removal of symptoms, and a pleasurable and de-stressing massage at regular intervals is a positive step in this direction. You can often vary the oils which directly act on high blood pressure by selecting other sedative, antidepressant and uplifting oils according to the individual's needs at a particular time. Camomile, Bergamot, Neroli, Rose and Frankincense are some of those you can use in this way.
- HYPOTENSION (Low Blood Pressure)
- The essential oil of Rosemary has been used to raise blood pressure to a more normal level. It is tonic and stimulating and responds in many ways to the needs of people with low blood pressure. Other stimulant oils, such as Black Pepper and Peppermint are helpful, particularly if fainting is a frequent problem, but they should not be used to excess. Hyssop and Sage are other possibilities, but both present some risks of toxicity, so its use is not advised except by very experienced therapists.
- Helps to fluidify the catarrh so that it can be expelled more easily. It also has a tonic and stimulant effect on the respiratory system and the heart.
See our Hyssop Oil Page for indepth information.
You can either type in the word you are looking for in the box below or browse by letter. We are constantly updating the Oil Finder Database, so if you don't find what you are looking for, please comeback soon and try again. You can contact us via our facebook page if you would like to add some information to the Database.
Browser by letter
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z