Here are the results for the letter m
- The larger of two kinds of spores borne by a plant, usually giving rise to a female prothallium.
- Abnormal pigmentation
- 1. The chemical processes occurring within a living cell or organism that are necessary for the maintenance of life. In metabolism some substances are broken down to yield energy for vital processes while other substances, necessary for life, are synthesized.
2. The processing of a specific substance within the living body:
- The smaller of two kinds of spore borne by a plant, usually giving rise to a male prothallium ; pollen-grain.
- Of or relating to an organic compound, especially an oil or fatty acid, containing only one double or triple bond per molecule. Foods containing monounsaturated fatty acids may decrease the amount of LDL cholesterol in the blood and include olive, peanut, canola, and avocado oils.
- A gummy substance obtained from certain plants.
- A fatty material enveloping the majority of nerve cells.
You can either type in the word you are looking for in the box below or browse by letter. We are constantly updating the glossary, so if you cannot find a definition, please email us and we will add it for you.
Browser by letter
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Webshosters Banner Exchange