The Oils and Plants Aromatherapy Glossary gives definitions of Aromatherapy and Herbal Terms.
Here are the results for the letter a
- A substance or device used to induce abortion.
- Products obtained from a concrete, a pomade or a resinoid by extraction with ethanol at room temperature. The resulting ethanol solution is generally cooled and filtered to eliminate the waxes. The ethanol is then eliminated by distillation.
- High blood acidity
- gland inflammation
- A non-cancerous tumour
- 1. A pharmacological agent added to a drug to increase or aid its effect.
2. An immunological agent that increases the antigenic response.
- One organ adhering to a another one
- Acting like adreniline
- blocking adrenalin
- with oxygen
- not producing milk
- immune deficiency
- bone marrow poisoning
- bitter plant poison
- High blood alkalinity
- Like a honeycomb; closely pitted.
- Lung inflammation. See the article on The Lungs for more information.
- To do with the vision. Sight problems
- Lack of periods. See the articles on Amenorrhoea and Menstruation for more information.
- Organic compound containing nitrogen
- Without oxygen
- A plant or essential oil that reduces or eliminates pain.
- Relieves pain and soothes disturbed feelings
- Lack of sense of smell. See also Sense of Smell.
- Indegestion remedy
- An agent, essential oil, plant or herb that destroys or causes the expulsion of parasitic intestinal worms.
- The part of the stamen which contains the pollen.
- Period of flowering.
- Relieves coughs
- Treatment with antibiotics
- A substance, essential oil, plant or herb, such as penicillin or streptomycin, produced by or derived from certain fungi, bacteria, and other organisms, that can destroy or inhibit the growth of other microorganisms. Antibiotics are widely used in the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
- A foreign substance in the body
- Anti-cancer drug or medicine.
- Reducing nerve pain
- A substance to stop decay
- Swelling and fever treatment
- Reduces inflammation.
- Relieve itching
- Fever treatment
- Helps control the products of sebum
- Relieving or preventing spasms, especially of smooth muscle
- Inhibits the growth of viruses. Lavender, Garlic and Tea Tree
- Non-production of urine
- Encouraging appetite
- With a minute pointed tip.
- Aromatic Water
- Aqueous distillates, remaining from water or steam distillation after essential oils have been separated.
- Irregular heartbeat
- Irregular or loss of rhythm of the heartbeat.
- Hardening of the arteries
- Causes contraction of body tissues
- allergic reaction
- Lack of sperm
- Kidney failure
You can either type in the word you are looking for in the box below or browse by letter. We are constantly updating the glossary, so if you cannot find a definition, please email us and we will add it for you.
Browser by letter
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z